Live concert alternatives (virtual reality, streaming&Co)

Ah, Pandemic, neat! (As in Pandemic the board game, not Pandemic the condition :confused: )
Unfortunately one cannot use “cooperative” as a sort criteria. Searched for Pandemic, Magic Maze, Detective, Escape Room etc. none of these seem to be on the platform.
One cooperative game I found that is nice is Hanabi. Easy rules, neat idea (it’s a card game). Is interesting at least until the round has found a good strategy how to solve it.
Some people in our group only like competitive strategy games, so that’s what we usually play. With family it’s more diverse. Most important criteria there: Has to be explainable in 10 minutes maximum :slight_smile:

Playing music together is probably more on the cooperative side of the game - except perhaps DreamTheater, they apparently really seem to like to compete for the most striking solo :slight_smile:

Vassal was originally made for Advanced Squad Leader. That is the game I have played the most on it. There are modules for nearly all wargames worth playing, but some of the big publishers outside of the wargaming community are more reluctant to allow modules for it.

I just tried Virtual Tabletop in VR, btw. :slight_smile: Both SteamVR and Rift games work on Quest. I just tried via both wifi with virtual desktop and then with the official Oculus Link cable for a tethered solution.

1 Like

Yes, Splice Studio is the most simple and powerful way to back up your projects and share them with collaborators. It lets you back up your work in the cloud and collaborate remotely with other artists.

By using common chord progressions like the I-IV-V one can play thousands of songs

Looks like Endless is about to hit Kickstarter with a desktop offering. (I can’t find my damn iPad, so haven’t been able to participate thus far.)

I’m excited for the lifetime membership, though it’s worth mentioning that my lifetime membership to Ohm Studio isn’t getting a lot of use these days.

Also, I’m concerned about stratification. (Will members not subscribed at the “HD” level be able to collaborate in someone else’s “HD” jams?)

Anyway, that campaign launches in just over a week. Guess we’ll know more when it does.

2 Likes

yeah, im looking forward to this…

though, I’ve lost some of my enthusiasm for endlesss at the moment,
I really don’t think they have the ‘social’ aspect working quite right - the public jams can be a bit of a mess, and the ‘private’ jams have pretty low participation rates.
really they need a better ‘discovery’ system, that some how brings ‘like minded’ musicians together.

that said, I think a desktop version will quite dramatically change the user base - broaden it.

also on the latest stream, Tim Exile talked about the fact that the iOS app has to have a feature set which makes it ‘easy to play’ … and to my mind, this is partly what makes it feel a bit too ‘game-y’ - but he went on to say, that this would not be the case on the desktop… this could have rich feature set.

so a bit of a dilemma for me… but I think I will still support it.
also, the fact that they are already showing Push 2 integration is fantastic!

2 Likes

Is it direct integration?

I sort of assumed they were showing Endless as a plugin in Live. Like, you’d use whatever tools are on your desktop to create the clips, and Endless would integrate them with the community jam.

Entirely likely I’m projecting.

It’s direct support for the standalone version of endlesss.

I suspect they’ve not done the plugin version yet.
The way that’s going to work ( apparently) is the plugin will be the connection to endlesss, which you can the drag layers out, to be audio clips in live.
But there’s not been any demos of this yet afaik.

1 Like

It’s easy to collaborate online when your song only has one chord.

I seriously need to see more complexity than this.

Nevertheless, the Kickstarter is live now, and as of this moment, the super early bird pledge level isn’t sold out yet.

2 Likes