Any news or updates on the Erae situation?

I have a feeling that the Continua deal fell through…I could be wrong though.

It’s all gone very quiet… they are marketing, so are still ‘active’
but not see any other news related to development etc.

they had got the forum up n’ running quite a while ago… Im a bit confused why it was not released !

Continua…
yeah, thats an odd one, you’d assume, that the deal was made during KS, as it was very specific (why Continua rather than any other synth?)
but yeah, perhaps some complication in T&Cs meant non-delivery…
though I think Embodme, should have been clear about this , rather than just ‘not mention’ it, as if it never happened.

of course, Id love to hear from them…
When I show the Erae Touch on my videos, I always get asked about it… there is a market, but really to be successful they need to engage with the community more.

as for now, I think, I’ll wait till SB2022 and go have a chat with them…

my personal experience with them, is whilst they are not great on the community engagement side… they are extremely friendly, and I can imagine - they have ‘reasons’ for being quiet at the moment.
… so would give them the benefit of the doubt.

besides, whilst there are improvements Id like for Erae Touch, its still a very playable, and enjoyable controller for me.

Still waiting. I guess it’ll be a while due to the recent events that have been happening across the world.

Very frustrating but at least there might be a reason behind it.

So not to worry too much. I just want to get back into my creative pursuits so fingers crossed it won’t be too long.

Embodme is at #SxSw

This is copy pasted from their order page, fairly new information there since maybe a week or three:

*Note: All of our units are assembled by us, a small team in the office to ensure best quality and delivery. Since order volume is very high, and our supplier process is slowed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, expect minor delays for your order. Please understand that we are currently trying our best to fulfill your orders every day.

So this is referring to time of delivery in ‘spring 2022’ which is already a little vague but at the very least points to that they - as many others - are trying to sort things out. Perhaps a replacement is also among these!

It is spun as so many orders they can hardly keep up, which is hopefully just as true as that there are global problems to deliver objects manufactured from electronic components. I too would like to give the benefit of doubt, even in regards to some radio silence, as they seem to be a fairly small team with an ambitious instrument in tough circumstances.

With that I would also like to mention that I very much understand your frustration. I hope you will receive your new one soon!

as per this topic, its kind of there… might be still waiting to be ‘officially launched’ , as I can’t get a password yet :wink:

Continua license - I got mine !
basically on the Facebook group, there was a topic and they asked you just sent them your backer name/number, and they then forward you a license.
Im not quite sure they they didn’t just email all backers …
but you can approach them and they will pass it on to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doing this on Facebook is odd - guess the percentage of backers who follow them there is kind of low…
But thanks for the heads up!

Any news on the Erae situation?

you’re probably best to ask on their forum.

Yes… but it would be even best if they answer to the questions!
This lack of interest for users is not very encouraging…

Oh I found a bug.

Using a button, I cannot make it toggle between 2 CC values.

Sustain pedal at say 64. 0 is off and 127 is on.

Put a button on your layout. Enable toggle and enable the CC for on and off. Set the values.

Button don’t toggle.

What’s happening here? It’s a bug is what. How do you fix that? Well I just used two buttons but with complex instruments like organs where you have a board of stops having 2 buttons for each stop is going to be rather inefficient when 1 button should be doing that.

It’s a bug is what.

I’m quite concerned about the support from this company, and I believe to have been quite patient and understanding, but there’s a chronic lack of communication from the team when it comes to support.
I’ve written emails, posted on their forum, and all I got was one reply months ago before the new update came out. The new update didn’t fix the random triggered and ghosts notes issue I seem to have.
This isn’t good.
And in comparison to other "independent"hardware makers who are stellar in their community support, I have doubt about Embodme survival. I really want to be wrong.
It’s a shame because this has potential, and I love many aspects of the Erae.
I don’t know if there’s a language barrier in communicating in written English (in send my emails in French), but I sure hope this will be addressed soon.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

This is Omar, the head of marketing & communication at Embodme. I would like to point out first by saying, I totally understand all of your concerns. I stumbled around this forum and saw your trouble in trying to contact us. Unfortunately since June, we have been overboard. We are only 8 in the team, and we had more than 5 tradeshows to deal with, that we were obliged to go to, and our entire team was working overtime to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Some emails may have slipped by, some went to spam, and some left unanswered for two weeks. But I assure you, that we do not ghost our customers, nor do I EVER allow any non-transparent communication to our supporters.

As for the ERAE Touch batch, we have been dealing with huge supply issues by miscommunicated information with our suppliers in china. There are many factors at play from the pandemic slowing down their process to the actual critical assembly that they have huge trouble with. As such, we have updated our website continuously and decided to keep everything for “Pre-Order” until we receive our secured 1000 unit batch that we asked for in June. We have also mentioned in the previous email sent to all our customers (titled “June Batch Update”) to issue immediate refunds if they are unsure about their order, and choose to order again while we are in stock.

If any of you on this forum have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly on omar@embodme.com

Thank you for your time. And other companies may have 100s of people replying quickly to ever support message, but we are still a small team of passionate musicians who want to make music expressive.

Cheers
O.

4 Likes

Please email me at omar@embodme.com to recieve your Continua License from KS. For some reason many people did not yet. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Omar, this has been very quick…
Philippe

Thanks Omar for your quick response. I downloaded the Continua demo, but it does not activate as many do. You need to purchase it in the Store, and use the code upon checkout. For some reason, it didn’t quite cover the full price, so it cost me $4.74 to obtain the product. No biggie, but thought I’d mention it in passing.

Yes it was the same for me.

Thanks for mentioning that. Unfortunately it seems that Continua has increased the price of their plugins since our collaboration together, and thus the code provided only covers the older pricetag. I will try to bring it up to the team at Continua, but since many of you who have not recieved the codes back then (for some reason, I am not aware of), the price difference took in effect with their new pricing.

I am here to answer anything you need. Just shoot me an email. Cheers.

Hey Omar, guess you’re busy, but did you have a chance to review the Plasmonic stuff I sent you ?
If you feel it’s not for you guys’ just say it’ no worry
Philippe

I would love to hear more about Plasmonic and Erae Touch. Seems like a dream combo!