Can we talk about Animoog pressure?

I’m having a hard time with the behaviour of Animoog’s pressure modulation and the Linnstrument.

It’s nothing new but now I’m recording a few ideas and it bothers me.

I’ve got this patch that opens the filter with Aftertouch (pressure in Animoog). It has also a long release. On key off the filter is hard reset and kills the envelope release. If I play with the Animoog keyboard there is no problem.

You can hear an example here:

This is also easy to see in another patch: Shiny dots (factory presets on Keys). Here pressure controls volume among other parameters. Played with the Linnstrument results in a wobbling sound, very weak attack, loses all its intimacy.

Played with the Animoog keyboard it sounds gorgeous.

Example here:

I can understand if there are differences in sound with different controllers. The point is that it makes creating patches for the Linnstrument really difficult.

I don’t really know if there is something wrong with Animoog or the Linnstrument or the way I approach this so any comment or suggestion would be appreciated.

2 Likes

The person with the highest possible competence regarding Linnstrument on Animoog would be @gbevin

Thanks for the answer, @NothanUmber
I sent a message to Moog support and usually he gets them.

In the meantime I purchased Bitwig Studio. Maybe it’s time to try something new.

Please post what you find out, I’ve had difficulty getting pressure to “feel” right in Animoog as well.

Sure I will.
I was beginning to think I was the only one with that problem.

I’m going to post my question in Roger Linn’s forum too. I’m not sure how many people are in both places.

1 Like

Roger Linn is for certain more (or exclusively) on his forum - but very active and helpful there. He meant that he wants to focus on one thing and do this properly when we asked him to join polyexpression also. Understandable.

1 Like

Well, @gbevin answered saying he would look into it. As he knows about it I haven’t posted the question at Roger’s forum.

I am at the moment busy learning Bitwig, almost given up to hook my Linnstrument to the iPad anymore. Maybe with a new Animoog version…

1 Like