Covid isolation tracks

We’re all in self-isolation/practicing social distancing here in Ireland (and many other countries) so time to make some music!
This short track starts with a loop from a Monome Norns Awake script (Rings version), caputured into a Make Noise Phonogene. There’s modulation of the slide and gene size parameters. Over this I’m playing the Spectrasonics Trillian AC2 bass on a Sensel Morph (feeling lazy so not really taking advantage of MPE). Add some Valhalla reverb and delay and we’re done.

3 Likes

cool initiative, I started playing with a few ideas yesterday… and was also wondering about online-collaboration as a way to ‘come together during social distancing’

1 Like

Yep, i think there’s a lot of people thinking along those lines. I know that Mark Weidenbaum is designing the next few Disquiet Junto projects specifically along those lines:

I usually find that while those are interesting, the turnaround is a bit tight (especially when I’m working). I’m a little in awe of those that can knock out a track at the drop of a hat!

We could try to do something similar here though, perhaps with a more polyexpression-slant.

3 Likes

Nice :wink:

Ohh sometimes no need for MPE… ALL is there :wink:

a bit of a melancholic start for me…

3 Likes

Hainbach’s Isolation loops, loaded into MLR and played through an ErbeVerb.

2 Likes

“Rabbit Hole” features the Socially Distant Quartet (SWAM Sax, Trillian Acoustic Bass, Pianoteq, and BFD Drums). LinnStrument was used for sax and bass, Zendrum for the drums, and a Casio PX5 for the piano.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Haken Continuum and Norns Cheat Codes. Single take.

2 Likes

Cool, partially raises distant associations with the Tangerine Dream Firestarter soundtrack - and the latter part with their eariler works (which is good and better)! :slight_smile: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jg0_M46R-Y&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqy2O2ceNbPXRlkrz0XPQIL - not so much the title song but the latter pieces)

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a big name to be compared to! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
Tangerine Dream was Edgar Froese+X for a long time, with varying X. Now it’s only varying X it seems? The current band is probably still more TD than the not-TD crowd, as they at least still played with E.F. at some point. The next generation won’t have that privilege. Well, they played with people who played with E.F., so they are still more T.D. than we :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, it’s good memories about good music :slight_smile:

Edit: Nothing against the current T.D. guys of course, they may not be E.F., but instead they are they! Even during the earlier years the Tangerine Dreams style changed a lot over time.