EigenD - macOS 10.15 Catalina - Installation

So…
With Experimental Setup - MIDI basic, you don’t have access to change the scale in your instrument ( you have a Pico?)
You do have access thru STAGE, the ones that are labelled.

For other scales:

• in Workbench, select the “Edit Tool”
  • double-click on “scale talker 1” (to edit its content)
    (change just the name of the scale for the one you would like to use instead)
  • click ENTER every time you change something.
  • ok at the end
  • and don’t forget to save the setup, maybe with another name.

Hope this helps, have fun with other scales :wink:
Any doubts just let me know
I’m around…

2 Likes

ah, talkers can use the scale manager names… thats something id forgotten (or not used :slight_smile: ) )

2 Likes

Many thanks!

• I will give this a try

Thanks for posting all this, it’s very helpful and I now have EigenD working.

The only issue I have is the resources. It’s not really a big deal but it would be nice to have. I’ve disabled SIP (in clover, my machine is a hackintosh) but all attempts to install the resources result in "This package is incompatible with this version of MacOs. The package is trying to install content to the system volume. ".

This seems like it could be a SIP issue, is there a way to check it’s disabled once inside the OS?

@Herfnerder main post there’s is all info, does not help?

About resources, move then “manually” no? Samples, convolution files… from the top of my head.

grumble grumble grumble. Trying to get EigenD reinstalled on a wiped laptop. SIP definitely disabled, but still getting the “package is incompatible” error when trying to install the resources. Wondering if I can simply copy the data from one laptop to another.

indeed, you can just copy files… nothing special is going on during installation.

Ok. There’s nothing in that that would prevent the Pico from working? No lights :frowning: It’s not a cable issue as I’ve got 2.1.0experimental working on the other laptop.

Ohh, bad luck?…

I did not say something as my previous actually post mention just move files ;-)…

The other day I did this setup and zygurt got his Pico back full of lights :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a shot!

1 Like

Also grab the log file … that might yield some info

Also check in the Mac OS system information , this will tell us if the bootloader has loaded or not.

Found this in the logs, which I’m guessing might be relevant (I’ve forgotten so much of how this works, where things are located…)

Can't find interface

eigend: <pico_manager1>: loading firmware /usr/local/pi/release-2.2.1-community/resources/firmware/pico.ihx

eigend: <pico_manager1>: can’t find interface

eigend: <pico_manager1>: Traceback (most recent call last):

eigend: <pico_manager1>: File “plg_pkbd/pico_manager_plg.py”, line 157, in download_keyboard

eigend: <pico_manager1>: File “lib_pico/ezload.py”, line 76, in download

eigend: <pico_manager1>: RuntimeError : can’t find interface from picross/src/pic_usb_macosx.cpp:201 ()

eigend: <pico_manager1>: python exception inside functor

eigend: <pico_manager1>: python exception inside functor from tmp/obj/picross/src/picross_native_python.cpp:11375 () caught at picross/src/pic_usb_macosx.cpp:1821

did you install python? as instructions 1st post?

errrrr keep pushing, some of it will come to you :wink: as they say like riding a bike? (ahah not the best fit)

1 Like

OK, just tried the all lights setup and that didn’t seem to work, but then reloaded one the factory setups (pico2), and it’s now working :man_shrugging:

1 Like

ahah, and now if you try my setup again?

Either way you got it working !! ghost-in-the-Pico

Edit: Ohh, my setup only lights up all LED Red ai think; nothing else

And now not working again. Weird. I think I’m going to park this for now and come back to it later on.

1 Like

Go for Kai ECMapper/EigenCore its really easy to play Pico this way :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve also been looking at that, and have just started to get that working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! let me know if any more ideas…

There are many DAW and simple plugin hosts have their usefulness :wink:
Besides the “main players” (for me Ab Live - Gig Performer)
Latest I’ve found:
DAM

Id recommend NOT doing this before you have EigenD stable, as you’ll read below, its not going to solve the issue, as its not eigend thats the issue…
so, its just bringing more factors into the equations esp. as I dont use ECMapper, so can’t really support. (despite the fact the actually low level comms is all done with my EigenLite code)

ok, so it cannot find the pico’s primary usb interface …
so if you went to the system info on the Mac, under usb, id suspect you will not see the pico at all.
this would be the thing to double check
(ie. its failing to see the bootloader on the pico, so even before it uploads the firmware)

as such there is no indication that there is any ‘software problem’.
… so I doubt using EigenLite (which is what ECMapper is based on!) will make any difference.

as for why its intermittent, and then starts working, thats not too surprising…
in fact, thats why once the Mac ‘sees’ the pico, it all suddenly starts working.

so there is an oddity here, which Ive mentioned before…
I’ve found my pico is extremely sensitive these days with the usb cables, cables that work perfectly well on other devices (or even computers) don’t work, or are intermittent. even had the situation where a particular cable was ‘golden’ for the pico, then just stopped working, and another one started working … and Ive no idea why!

frankly, I do not think its the cables,
Ive wondered if its the connector on the pico… but wiggling it, doesn’t seem to make it start (or stop) working.
so, Im left wondering if its something odd in the pico bootloader firmware, that now sometimes is working, sometimes isn’t.
but then again, Ive seen something similar when trying it with a raspberry PI (running linux), so it does point to the ‘hardware’

the only positive thing I can say, is for me, one I find a cable that works, it seems to work every time.

hmm, perhaps one thing to try… see if a powered usb hub helps? (or dont use it, if you have already been using one)

1 Like