Erae Touch sends Midi unwanted Midi CC

Hey!

I thought, i’d share this Bug i found, in case someone else has the same issue:

The Erae sends the following Midi CC messages, when pressing the alt key or the layout / scale key twice (for example, when you change layout or scale and then exit the layout/scale view)

11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 1 121 0
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 1 100 6
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 1 101 0
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 1 6 15
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 16 121 0
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 16 100 6
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 16 101 0
11:03:49.253 From Erae Touch Control 16 6 0

In my case that caused some problems, because, for example Equator 2, running as a VST 3 in Ableton, reacts to these Midi messages and no longers plays audio until you change the preset (not really sure what happens there exactly, but i happens).

Embodme is aware of the issue and working on a solution.

For now i use MidiPipe as a workaround. i convert the messages to other ones, that cause no problems. it’s not elegant, but it works, so if you have the same problem: this is a temporary solution until embodme fixes the issue.

1 Like

121 CC is all controllers off
the other CC , are actually the MPE configuration setting the master channels.

they look correct to me, so it may be more and issue with Equator ?
(Ive not seen an issue when using Ableton with other MPE vsts, so I don’t think its an issue with Ableton… at least in Live 11)

2 Likes

Ah. I assumed it would be an Erae Touch issue, because i did not have problems with Equator before. But i used a non-mpe controller - the launchpad pro - with it, so that is probably the reason. i guess, i should reach out to Roli instead, then. Thanks for the help.

id still touch base with Embodme, perhaps they can offer an option to disable it as wel…

(particularly, as I have a feeling you’ll be lucky to get Roli to change anything :wink: )

I already told embodme about my issue. they said, they are working on it, but it’s probably not a high priority. I contacted roli support as well now, but i also have a feeling, that my chances for a fix are higher with embodme. :slight_smile:

1 Like