Expressive-E Osmose Pre-Order

Thanks for the clarification.

Per the email I got, they thought I’d get mine from the first US shipment, but due to quality control failures prior to shipment I’ll be getting one from the second shipment arriving circa April 1.

Mine’s still in the first shipment, but the wording in my account has not advanced yet from “Backordered (Paid)”. I look forward to “processing” status!

I did get an email confirming that an issue with my bank had been resolved. It reiterated “The instruments have already arrived at the warehouse and are being checked these days individually to ensure that everything works fine. We will ship orders in the course of the next few days.”

That email was a week ago, so that last bit might have been optimistic.

That said… Exchanging a product overseas sounds like a nightmare for everyone involved, and I commend them for every step made to avoid that.

“Take your time, get it right…”

1 Like

For what it’s worth, my Osmose arrived on 30 March. I’m pretty sure they just drove it up the hill, as it magically appeared at UPS in Ontario (California) and was delivered the same day! I put the down payment on it at the end of November, 2019, if that helps knowing where they are in the queue.

It’s really cool, although I had to jump through some hoops to get all the bits of the firmware updated (in particular, I had to reinstall the presets on the Osmose through the Haken Editor before they showed up).

1 Like

All this wait and I’m not sure if I like the touch. It’ll certainly take some getting used to. When I play chords I keep bending notes unintentionally. I might sell it.

I sure you go thru adjusting Sensitivity settings?

1 Like

I’d need a sensitivity setting for my thumb!

I put it on eBay: Expressive E Osmose 49-Key 24-Voice MPE Polyphonic Synthesizer & MIDI Controller | eBay

I see you got it sold - so two happy people now :slight_smile:

For me it helped to really think of it as a new instrument - and to explore how it reacts to interactions. And I choose presets that sound unlike a realistic piano - of which there are plenty. (I have a very hardwired expectation how a piano has to react that doesn’t even work well with more usual, unweighted keyboards. But if it doesn’t sound like a piano it’s ok for me if it doesn’t play like one :slight_smile: .).

The sounds weren’t an issue.