ExpressiveE release MPE presets

Interesting development:
https://www.expressivee.com/mpe-collection

For UVI workstation (free?) or UVI Falcon

99€ ( usually €119)

Good to see someone specializing in mpe presets.

Might give them a go as I have Falcon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting. FYI, the link gives a 404.

It would appear they deleted the page.
Google’s cache doesn’t care.

These are still public.

its working for me here… perhaps they put it back up? or some issue with different regions?

It does look to be back up now. Cool.

1 Like

Yes, UVI Workstation is free.

Expressive E - have 40% off all sound packs at the moment :slight_smile:

did anyone here get the MPE collection? thoughts?

also, has anyone tried the Violin/Viola/Cello instruments?

I assume designed for the Touché, but apparently MPE compatible.
perhaps fun to try with other surfaces… thinking the Eigenharp :slight_smile:

at 40% discount, both feel like a worth a punt… despite the fact im not using VSTs much at the moment

I like the demos of this collection more that sample/audio modelling stuff, but without trying them first its a hard sell.
I do hope that these physical modelling strings would reach the “if you can’t tell - does it matter” level of realism in my lifetime.

I think a fair amount of that is the Touché controller. (I’d love to do a side by side comparison with similar mappings)

Regardless, it looks to be a great value for the price, and layering both is sure to be better than either in isolation.

I love the sample modelling plugins, but I wish they could be tweaked to more extreme settings. I’m not that interested in «pretending» to play, say, a cello on the Eigenharp. More playing some undefined instrument that will sound good in the same musical context where a cello normally would.

Anyone own the Expressive E Arche plugins? Are they more tweakable?

1 Like

https://expressivee.happyfox.com/kb/article/127-archs-interface-explained/

the don’t look tweak-able at all - mainly just chose from a selection of presets for the body with different impulse responses.
that’s not a bad thing, sometimes its nice to just have something you can fire up and play :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is true again, for the moment.

1 Like