I was talking to @Kai about support for microphones in EigenLite, but neither of us have a microphone to test with.
as far as I can tell, microphones were sold by EigenLabs as an option, and had custom wiring.
(only reference I found was this review by Geert)
apparently its a 4-pin LEMO locking connector.
Id assume as its balanced and has phantom power the pins are :2 signal + gnd + power.
but we have no clue as to which pin is which.
i dont know if the microphone connectors were sealed, but perhaps if not, someone could unscrew the connector, and take pictures of the wiring… we may well be able to infer the wiring. esp. if its not a powered mic, and power pin would not be connected!
It’d be a useful bit of information to have out in the public domain…
that said, bit of a long shot, as it seems few people used the microphone with alphas, so I guess by extension (and lack of questions in this area!) its not a popular requirement either
In the past I tried to use the mic, I do have the LEMO plug, but the miniature mics I tried either were not functioning or my bad wiring; can’t remember.
Out of office I can do a search later tonight if I have more info.
fantastic, perhaps this was up on the EigenLabs website at some point?
anyways, Ive added it to the EigenD repository.
Also, It’ll also be part of the release documentation, so easy to find in future.
(i need to double check this when I do the next 3.0 release, in case I got something wrong ;))
edit: that docs is really good, very detailed - looks like its not difficult to wire up, then you just select the power mode in eigend. just need to find a reasonably priced mic to try with.
(rather than the $1700 DPA4022 example they provide )
edit2: ok, found it, on wayback machine… it used to be on the eigenlabs wiki