Playing with Faust

Hi folks,

I think this is going to lead to, “How do I yank midi off my Striso/Will it help.” I’ve been working on doing custom instrument sounds with the Striso, particularly on how to get it to behave differently between plucking and pressing. In recent work on the tambor, I’m running into an error that might mean that I’m running out of memory:

The error I’m seeing:

./faust2striso.py
Compiling synth.cpp
synth.cpp: In function 'int faustpower(int) [with int N = 0]':
synth.cpp:14:44: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
   14 | template <>   inline int faustpower<0>(int x)            { return 1; }
      |                                        ~~~~^
synth.cpp: In function 'float faustpower(float) [with int N = 0]':
synth.cpp:18:48: warning: unused parameter 'x' [-Wunused-parameter]
   18 | template <>   inline float faustpower<0>(float x)          { return 1; }
      |                                          ~~~~~~^
synth.cpp: In member function 'virtual void mydsp::compute(int, float**, float**)':
synth.cpp:499:48: warning: unused parameter 'input' [-Wunused-parameter]
  499 |  virtual void compute (int count, FAUSTFLOAT** input, FAUSTFLOAT** output) {
      |                                                ^
Linking build/striso_control.elf
lto-wrapper: warning: Options to Xassembler do not match: -alms=./build/lst/crt1.lst, -alms=./build/lst/hal.lst, dropping all -Xassembler and -Wa options.
/opt/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld:rules_memory.ld:314 cannot move location counter backwards (from 00000000240a5a28 to 0000000024080000)
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ChibiOS/os/common/startup/ARMCMx/compilers/GCC/mk/rules.mk:217: build/striso_control.elf] Error 1

I’ve attached the version of synth.zip (1.7 KB) that throws the error. Of interest, if on line 106 you change osc to triangle it works, which also smells like a memory issue.

I don’t especially care about midi for this. For those who know more than me, will I be able to buy a substantive amount of memory by dumping the midi portions from the build? How much pain and suffering will I likely get trying to do it?

Thanks.