Surge Synth and Striso?

Since my old iPad has stopped me from contributing to this site (can’t load new browser, etc.) I have spent more time on the old laptop, and my friend and Striso user A.B. told me about Surge, an apparently well-known massively capable free synth. I just tried it this morning with my Striso, and while knowing precious little about synths in general, am very pleasantly surprised by the seemingly endless array of sonic possibilities. I wonder if any here use it with their Striso, and would welcome any tips or suggestions.

Thanks!

1 Like

You can download some patches for surge from the linnstrument page, but i couldnt find the link

I think it’s on this page: Surge Synth

I like surge. The UI was a bit hard for me at first, but otherwise I think it’s great.

1 Like

It used to be there, but cant see it there

Probably because it’s included in the factory presets now

Alright thanks, didnt know that

Thank you, and also Criskros and jaygalfo. I am not sure which instrument’s presets you refer to here. Striso? Linnstrument? Surge? I have Surge running with Striso on the laptop, and have many patches there, but don’t know anything about presets to use built onto the actual Striso…But as I have said, what I know about synths is what I learned this week, so still a raw rookie…

Just went back to laptop and Surge, and found Linnstrument patches inside Surge…Sound great. Is that what you meant?

Yes exactly, i tried some of those presets with my striso and it worked well.

So i tried surge again and its great, but at some sounds i get a clicking when i release the button. Anyone knows how i can get rid of that?

I would check the release on the amp envelope
if it’s 0 or low, increase it a bit and that should fix it

Thank you very much. Actually it was the opposite. Had to reduce it to 0 and now its great.