Tactile feedback film for iPad

Hello, All.

Just received my sheets of TacScreen (two for 22 USD) to cover my iPad screens. This provides a cheap, instant and reversible alternative to slippery glass, but without the elegance of the Speedbump surface for LinnStrument discussed in another thread. There is no positional alignment beyond covering the interactive area, but it really does feel a whole lot better when I play ThumbJam or Roli 5D or (I suspect, and will try soon) GeoShred and others. The thing about ThumbJam that appeals to me is the tilt/shake/slide/velocity that can be incorporated into the synths and samples; this “touchy/feely” film adds another, say, half dimension. And, MPE compliant. Anybody tried it?

1 Like

Neat, sounds like a good addition! Haven’t tried one yet though, just heard from it the first time here.

How have the TacScreen films been after a year of use?

I must confess I haven’t used it much since I got the Striso and have been concentrating on that. Meanwhile, the TacScreen is on the oldest iPad that won’t load anything much of the synths and mixers I use. But as far as durability goes, it certainly looks like it could take a lot of use, and only costs like 10 dollars a sheet when bought in a 2-pack, so if you want to try it shouldn’t cost much…But since you ask, I might swap it to a newer iPad and see how it works with it.

Great, I am merely curious about your experiences with tactile feedback, and have no interest whatsoever with iDevices.

Do you have any content showcasing either the TacScreen and/or the Striso?

No, I don’t, although I intend to do something about the Striso. Perhaps this week…

Awesome, I look forward to your Striso content.