Using Striso Board MPE in Reaper

Hi all, I’m trying to use my Striso Board with MPE in Reaper with the Dexed VST. The Striso is enabled in the MIDI settings and the MPE switch is set to on in the Dexed parameters, the Pitch Bend settings are also set to +/- 48, however there is no expression information coming from the Striso Board to Dexed at all! Anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks in advance!

Did you make sure you match the pitch bend range in the settings on the Striso board? I don’t know if the default is +/- 48. I tend to turn pitch bend off in the Striso board settings, so I may not be the best person to ask.

Default pitch bend range is +/- 24. Just looked here: Firmware development priorities - #15 by pierstitus

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot!

1 Like

Hi it’s been a long time but I did finally try this out and it seems like even outside of REAPER, Striso’s MPE just doesn’t work with Dexed (using it in standalone mode). Dexed has a MPE switch and the pitch bend range is set correctly, but I still have the same problem.

EDIT: Slight update. I have been able to get it working but I still haven’t narrowed down the right set of parameters that will make it work consistently. Progress anyhow!

In case you weren’t able to get it working with Dexed (or if someone else stops by) – I took a look on the Xenharmonic Alliance Discord’s software channel and found some discussion about Dexed – it sounds like it works nicely with tuning files for the most part, but not so much with pitchbend via MPE.

You could try multi-instancing Dexed and rerouting the incoming data from Striso so that each note gets its own instance, though that might need some custom plugin finesse.

If you’re doing retuning, the tuning file approach (Scale Workshop etc) is probably the way to go.

1 Like

There’s actually a handy VST plugin that does multi-instanciating: MPEfy – JB Audio

1 Like