Weekly Jitsi Meet Video Conference

I have recently deployed a self-hosted Jitsi Meet instance, so I want to use it for a weekly Jitsi Meet video conference for LinnStrumentalists.

I share the same time zone with Roger (PST), but my schedule is very flexible and can accommodate any day of the week. I prefer the weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and any time past noon. The duration of the video conference can be of any length, however I suggest two hours to start, in a similar manner to the monthly Zoom meetings, and is subject to fluctuation as necessary.

This will be an opportunity to interact with other LinnStrumentalists, including myself, in a peer-to-peer environment. Provide a suggestion for your preferred time slot so we can negotiate a schedule together. I will moderate the video conference and provide a randomly generated URL in this thread 15 minutes before starting, so I recommend bookmarking this thread for your own reference.

Current discussions from the matching thread on the KVR Audio Forum suggest Saturday starting at noon.

2 Likes

Saturday having started a few hours ago, this might be a bit short notice.

(kidding? I assume you aren’t launching these this week…)

1 Like

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for February 24th:

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for March 2nd:

I missed the usual time for starting the weekly Jitsi Meet video conference for March 9th, so the next video conference is planned to start next week on March 16th instead.

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for March 16th:

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for March 23rd:

As stated by Kite, the Jitsi Meet video conferences’ starting time will be changed to 1 PM. They are still on Saturdays, and can be adjusted as necessary. I will aim to update Jitsi Meet and the instance configuration before the next video conference to improve LinnStrumentalists’ showcases.

The Jitsi Meet instance has been updated to the latest stable release (2.0.9364-1). I will configure it and provide another update with a new post in the very near future.

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for March 30th:

The weekly Jitsi Meet video conference for April 6th will be cancelled due to scheduling conflicts, so the next one will be on April 13th at 1 PM PDT.

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for April 13th:

Here is the randomly generated Jitsi Meet URL for April 20th:

The Jitsi Meet video conference starting date and time have been changed to Sunday at 8 PM PDT.

1 Like