Hello, Hallo, Salut, Ciao thread

I am Michael McInnis and live in Portland Maine USA. I have been using breath controllers and ribbons now for many decades. I have a Linnstrument and a Roli Seaboard, though I have gravitated towards the Roli more as a keyboardist because the muscle memory is similar. I just took delivery of a Haken Continuum (1/2 size) and have been practicing a lot! I have always liked the expressive response of physical modeling synths and am excited to explore the possibilities of the Continuum’s Eagan Matrix. Other beloved synths, Yamaha VL1, Korg OASYS-PCI, and in the analog realm the Rhodes Chroma.

6 Likes

Hi all - Nebojsa Dogo here. I’m @david 's partner in crime (we co-founded Deskew Technologies, LLC together) and we make Gig Performer. I live in Ottawa, Canada.

Apart from being a programmer since I was 14 years old - I play a guitar in two bands. One is an ethno based group from Balkans where I also often use my Eigenharp Pico to whip up some wind instrument solos.

Looking forward to our discussions.

7 Likes

Hi there. I’m Andrew from Cleveland, Ohio in the US. I’m a happy owner of a Linnstrument. I’m an electronic musician/producer/performer, and have recently started using the Linnstrument live with the Animoog. I love the control and usability of the Linnstrument, as I’m not much of a keyboard player. Looking forward to spending time here!

5 Likes

Thanks for the invite…

CS80 owner, PolyAT
Haken Continuum owner MPE+
Ensoniq SQ80 owner PolyAT
Blofeld Desktop owner… Responds to both PolyAT and MPE (multitimbrael mode)

Willing to trade my Yamaha CS80 for “2 Deckards Dream vs2” plus full functioning Kurzweil Midiboard …

4 Likes

Fascinating. I had never heard of Deckards Dream but I used to own (40 years ago or so) a CS 80. This thing looks close to a CS80 except it seems to be missing the ring modulator.

1 Like

I know someone who has a MidiBoard and he’s certainly not using it. What are they worth today (I had one of those a long time ago but long gone)…should I ask him if he’s willing to sell it?

1 Like

Hi there,

Been on here for a day or two but didn’t get around to scribbling a little bit about myself. I’d classify myself as a musical noob, and a dabbler. I’m interested in interesting / different forms of musical expression, hence the interest in this forum, apart from an interest in synths in general.

From the UK originally, currently living in France (Paris area).

Greetings to one and all!

John.

5 Likes

The Deckard Dream has the Ringmod and chorus available in a single space rack mount expander giving any synth the ringmodulator option…

a video link… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5GlJ4TAbso

1 Like

Ok, I was just curious…I am old enough that I prefer to carry around the weightless CS-80V from Arturia :wink:

1 Like

Hi I’m João Francisco dos Santos, from Gaia, Porto District in Portugal.
I am a looper and improviser musician by the artist name of astronota aka gyps.

I use Pico with Ableton Live (on amateur level) and play Double Bass and a Fender VI bass with MidiGuitar2 on computer with and iPad.
I am associated with Orquestra Portuguesa de Guitarras e Bandolins, playing double bass.

Thank you for creating this new community forum, I hope contribute with my capabilities.

5 Likes

I have 3 versions of the VST… they still haven’t figured out what the ringmod is supposed to sound like… they have too much of the preset sound mixed in with the RM…

1 Like

Bem vindo João! Always happy for a “fellow countryman” more so a Pico player :wink:
Many stories I have with my 2 silver and 1 black Pico…

1 Like

Hi, Tj Shredder here,
Since ages playing my MaxMSP patch I call „Les Ondes Memoriélles“ with fader boxes and other midi controllers. Since about 3 years owning a LinnStrument and I am blown away by the expression I finally get back into synthesizers. I lost interest in synths and sequencers for more than 20 years for their lack of expression. Now the LinnStrument, Bitwig a bunch of vsts and an iPad enhance my tool set big time. I also have a Seaboard block, but use it more as a 27 fader box (with a Max patch I made) than as expressive controller, the LinnStrument is much preferred…
I am a controller junkie, have also a Leap Motion, 3 Myos, a Roli Block, a Morph, an ARQ-96, a BopPad, SoftStep and countless fader boxes… Even an EMS Soundbeam is in my arsenal (though I haven‘t used it for ages…)

6 Likes

A fellow ARQ-96 owner. Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could not resist when the price dropped to 200 €…
I am more interested in it as controller than as drum machine…

1 Like

:slight_smile: I may have paid even somewhat less than that for mine. :smiley:

I didn’t actually own any kind of groove-box, I was intrigued also by the different controller experience and by all accounts it’s sampling capability is actually fairly capable since the v2 firmware, and one came up new on Amazon from a retailer whom I guess had one left they wanted to clear out for Volca money, so…

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Mirko from Aachen, Germany. I just heard about this forum over on lines and am very excited to have found a dedicated place for this topic. I’ve been interested in “alternative controllers” for over a decade and have owned a Roli Seaboard and Linnstrument (although I decided to get rid of the Seaboard at some point). I’m also on the waiting list for a Soundplane.

I’ve started out as a guitar player and picked up the piano later on in life. That coincided with my growing interest in synthesizers and for a long time I hoped for a way to play synths more like I play the guitar, as I find the two are much closer related in terms of sound and expression than synths and piano. That’s the main reason why I jumped on the Linnstrument when it was available: It feels very much like playing a guitar on your lap and I found that this immediately made more sense to me.

I’m also into Eurorack, Max, Supercollider and generally hacking of any kind.

4 Likes

I’m Martin. Modular junkie in New York City. Awaiting my ContinuuMini. Living in dread that I’m going to love it and be obliged to plunk down for a full size Continuum.

5 Likes

I’m Jason Wehmhoener, aka jasonw22. I play a Linnstrument these days. Very curious about the fact that a Linnstrument is also an Arduino…

5 Likes

Welcome to everyone , glad to have you here :slight_smile:
over 50 joined in less that a week…seems likes a good start - invite your friends that have similar interests in expressive electronic instruments.

and please, post, we’d love to hear more about how you use your instruments, and your thoughts on how you try to get the best from them - I’m sure once the discussions start they will go into some interesting directions.

don’t forget the Your Music and Projects section is waiting for yours (or others) music and videos - it be great to build up a collection of performances using this instruments.

Thanks again for dropping in, we hope you enjoy your stay.

6 Likes