Hello, Hallo, Salut, Ciao thread

Oh never too late ;-)!!
Welcome along Paul :wink:

Cheers
AntĆ³nio

2 Likes

Welcome Paul :wave:

sorry, my fault, I should have chased up the inviteā€¦ I guess i mistyped your email or something.

anywayā€¦ you now know where we have all been hiding.

2 Likes

Hello!

My nameā€™s Aaron; I recently acquired a Madrona Labs Soundplane and found my way over here from Technobearā€™s YouTube channel. Iā€™m interested in unique physical instruments and instrument design, and the biggest thing that pushed me over the edge on getting the Soundplane was the open source nature of itā€™s software. Iā€™m planning on doing some development work to contribute back to the Soundplane app, and create my own instruments using the soundplane as the primary input.

Iā€™m super excited that this community exists :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I noticed one of these on Reverb recentlyā€¦? Perhaps you nabbed that one. Beautiful instruments.

1 Like

welcome @hotdogaaron :slight_smile:

great to hear from another Soundplane player, a rare breed !

as you have likely noticed, we have a category for each instrument, so feel free to post ideas etc to the Soundplane category

Iā€™m really interested to hear what you have in mind for it.
Iā€™ve done a bit with the Soundplane source code, so if you have any questions feel free to post, and Iā€™ll answer what I can.

Iā€™d really like to focus a bit on the Soundplane this winter, as Ive had some ā€˜newā€™ ideas for it (and new approach) ā€¦ that I really want to explore, focused on turning the soundplane into (as you say) an instrument, rather than controller.
so happy to share ideas in the above category.

that said, itā€™s summer here in Spainā€¦ so I tend to ease off dev/music tech, during these months, and focus more on it during the cooler monthsā€¦ so wonā€™t be much going on till then.
(also I have another project to finish one Im back into the saddle before I start another :wink: )
but of course, happy to chat, in the meantime !

1 Like

Hello Group.
I am Thom, from Atlanta, US. with a long time interest in ā€˜alternate controllersā€™ and expressive electronic instruments.
Lyricon, Crumar EVI, Akai EWI and EVI, Malletkat, MidiBeams, Roland Handsonic, Eigenharp Pico, Berglund NuRad EWI.
I also play acoustic wind and percussion instruments.
I do sound design, programming hardware and software synths to take advantage of alternate controllers. Apple certified in Logic and MainStage.
Recording and gigging with MainStage and too many plug-ins to mention, Dynasample Xpression, Yamaha VL1-m and VL70-m, Yamaha FS1-r, Oberheim Matrix 12 and SEM.
I am here to learn and share.

7 Likes

Welcome, Thom!

There is a lot of Eigenharp related discussions around here, and hopefully you will in general feel very much at home!

I am not very accustomed to electronic wind instruments, but given your list maybe you would be interested in this:

https://www.lekholminstruments.com/

A midi harmonica from Lekholm Instruments. Lekholm and Berglund Instruments, sounds a bit like neighbour garage workshops in a Swedish villa neighbourhood!

Perhaps it is even like that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Salut Ć  tous.tes,

ClƩment from Paris.
Currently in a romance with my Continuum, but very curious about all expressive controllers/instruments.
Sound designer, composer and live musician for theatre and dance pieces.
These days, I feel like spending more time crafting sounds and their relation to the gesture with the EaganMatrix but also using samples. Love recording too!
Just trying to find how to make a living out of this activity :smile:

Really nice to find this forum thanks to Whywhy why!

6 Likes

Greetings,

Happy to have stumbled upon this forum; I tend to gravitate towards vintage gear and DIY expressive instruments. And strive to create within a ā€œwhole studioā€ instrument mindsetā€¦Excited to explore and share musical ideas and experiences!

Peace

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Frank, from Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. I own a LinnStrument (200) applied with multiple DIY hardware modifications, maintain lists of MPE hardware on the Roger Linn Design board on the KVR Audio forum, and wrote educational reference documents for the LinnStrumentā€™s tritone layout. I exclusively use gratis and libre open-source software.

I have a few concurrent projects I am working on:

• I am translating my piano/keyboard skills to the LinnStrument in order to prepare a substantial live music setup to perform in local venues using the LinnStrument with the upcoming Anyma Omega (Desktop).

• I have a VPS on OVHcloud with a recently deployed Tor non-exit node (aiming for guard), and will also eventually include privacy front-ends such as Invidious, a PeerTube instance for uploading LinnStrument videos showcasing my dexterity/proficiency, with more to be determined.

5 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m mostly a beginner electronic composer. Iā€™m intrigued by fretless / continuous pitched ability. I currently own a Linnstrument and TouchĆ©, and my keys controller has 3 joysticks (Studiologic SL-88 Studio). So far my work has been with the mouse, but Iā€™m slowly experimenting with recording midi performance in the DAW. Other than elementary school tuba, i donā€™t have a significant performance background, but have taken a year of college theory.

In 2024 i am thinking about getting a ContinuuMini or, maybe, a mid-range e-cello (NS Design NXT5a), but Iā€™m not very consistent with the acoustic cello, so maybe more likely the ContinuuMini. I have some early, non-expressive, work on youtube as The Eclectic Atrium. There are two channels: Topic is just audio through distrokid, mostly loops, though i composed the oud part for ā€œConvergence to Hijazā€. The other are (will be, so far just one) classical style pieces with video.

6 Likes

Hey there polyexpressive folks

Iā€™m Eleonore from French Alps, and expressive synth lover as a lot of people here.
I play (more or less good) various instruments, from piano to guitar, banjo to flute, and some other stuff.
And of courseā€¦ synths, with a particular affinity to MPE ones :grin:
Generally speaking, Iā€™m kind of curious about everything especially when it produces a sound.

Among other stuff, Iā€™m a proud linnstrument 128 owner since 2017, and for now my favorite setup is to pair it with my hydrasynth desktop. Playing in a band with it and itā€™s just incredibly fun.
I also have some old linnstrument/axoloti setup projects too but i never had the time for it yet, especially as music is not my livelihood (for now?).

I had the chance to get an Expressive E Osmose last week, and Iā€™m having a lot of fun with it since. So many possibilities in this one too, itā€™s a great piece of expressive instrument and itā€™s very inspiring.

Iā€™m glad to join this forum, hope I can share and help as much as I can, and wish you a happy new year everyone !

6 Likes

Warmly welcome, Eleonore!

I hope you will find this an inspiring place. I also play the 128 Linnstrument and am right now travelling with it and an EaganMatrix module. This is a such a good size for mobility and range at the same time! :slight_smile:

Happy new year to you too!

3 Likes

Hey all,
north midwest US here. Im a Band Instrument repair technician(woodwinds, brass, percussion). New Pico owner here. Pairing with organelle M, monome/norns, Cirklon, touchƩ.
Very fortunate to have come across this forum.

5 Likes